TESLA 4000 Power System Recorder with CDR, PMU and IEC 61850 station bus protocol Model 4000
TESLA 4000 is an easy-to-use and cost effective, state-of-the-art, multi-time frame (simultaneous) digital fault recorder. Its integrated Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) functionality streams synchrophasor data for wide area monitoring. Enabled with IEC 61850 protocol, TESLA has advanced communication capabilities that, together with its powerful recording features, provide the most versatile and complete monitoring of power system health.
With over 1000 user definable triggers, TESLA creates records simultaneously in 3 time domains (fault (fast), swing (slow) and trend records), and also creates event logs. The CDR creates continuous records without triggers which, together with the fault, swing and trend records, provide wide area visibility of system performance. The CDR also creates redundancy in PMU data.
TESLA DFR has 256 virtual inputs to record digital status changes contained in IEC 61850 GOOSE messages, expanding its monitoring capabilities.
- Complete integrated insight of power system health
- Performance monitoring of substation IEDs and equipment
- Over 1000 user settable triggers capture vital information that could be missed by relays in the system
- Information provided for wide area monitoring (WAMS) and analysis
- As a PMU, streams 36 phasors, 24 analog quantities, and 64 digital statuses simultaneously
Features and benefits
- Easy-to-use setting and analysis software
- Advanced communication protocols including IEC 61850
- Optional failover redundancy
- SCADA support with enhanced DNP3 and Modbus
- CDR meets NERC PRC-002 DME standards
- Remote input modules save on costly wiring runs
- State-of-the-art communications (2 rear ports, 100BASE-TX RJ-45 or 100BASE-FX 1300 nm multimode optical with ST style connector to accommodate the industry’s latest network-based communications)
- Ethernet ports with 2 unique MAC addresses that easily accommodate network access security needs